Outpatient Rehabilitation - Orthopedic Institute
Physical Therapy - Developing Strength for Tomorrow
Occupational Hand Therapy and Physical Therapy
Physical therapy helps patients develop or recapture muscle strength and endurance needed for daily living. Therapists use positive, age-appropriate activities to focus on improving endurance, muscle strength, joint movement, muscle flexibility and other areas as needed. At Holy Cross Hospital, physical therapists aim to:
- Identify and manage movement dysfunction by improving muscle strength, endurance and physical abilities.
- Restore, maintain and promote optimal wellness and fitness.
- Make recommendations and offer training in the use of equipment
that assists in replacing lost function or promotes achievement of
- Provide guidance to family members in safe and effective methods
- Provide consultation to other professionals regarding integrating
therapeutic activities into the patient's daily life.
Customized to Each Patient's Needs
Physical therapists collaborate with occupational therapists, physicians and other specialists to maximize each patient's potential with specific programs customized to each patient's unique needs.
Occupational Hand Therapy
Occupational Hand Therapy at Holy Cross Hospital makes it possible for patients with injuries and physical challenges to live their lives to the fullest. Our therapists do this by helping develop essential skills that increase your level of independence and quality of life.
Occupational hand or upper extremity therapy have specialized therapists with training in hand therapy. Services provided typically focus on:
- Tendon repair
- Fractures of the shoulder and arm
- Wrist and elbow sprains
- Carpal tunnel
- Tennis elbow
- Soft tissue injuries
The Team Approach
At Holy Cross Orthopedic Institute Outpatient Rehabilitation, we believe that “communication” is one of the key elements to providing successful outcomes for all of our current and potential patients. We work very closely with our physicians to ensure an effective and speedy recovery. Our therapists also recognize the importance of communicating with our patients to ensure that you fully understand how to get your body back into optimal conditioning for return to your desired physical activities. By ensuring continuous communication with physicians and patients, we are able to provide the best quality of care and return patients to their highest level of mobility and function.
Access to Our Services (Fort Lauderdale & West Boca)
With a prescription from any physician, we conduct a highly detailed evaluation as a first step in returning you to your daily lives. Holy Cross Hospital accepts most insurance as well as cash payments if no insurance is available. If you need a prescription from one of our expert orthopedic physicians, please call the Holy Cross Orthopedic Institute at 954-958-4800.
Meet Our Team
Our physical therapy staff are well-trained:
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT)
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy (MSPT)
- Certified in Orthopedic Manual Therapy: COMT, MTC, CMPT
- Fellowship Trained in Manual Physical Therapy (FAAOMPT)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialists (CSCS)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association - Certified Personal
- Kinematic Taping Concept Certified (KTCC)
Holy Cross Orthopedic Institute offers outpatient physical therapy services at two locations in Fort Lauderdale and West Boca:
Orthopedic Institute - Fort Lauderdale
5597 N. Dixie Highway
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334
Orthopedic Institute - Boca Raton
9970 Central Park Blvd., Suite 400 #A
Boca Raton, FL 33428
Download our Outpatient Orthopedic Rehabilitation brochure.
Learn about other Outpatient Physical Therapy locations offered by Holy Cross Hospital.