What You Need to Know After Surgery (Post-Op)
• Ankle pumps
• Quad sets
• Glut sets
Refer to your exercise handout to complete these exercises.
Breathing exercises done every hour with the apparatus provided to you by nursing.
There will be some pain involved in your surgery, but we strive to control the pain at a comfortable level.
• You will receive Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy during
Prepare for Discharge
• If you need any medical equipment (DME) to take home, it will be
delivered to your hospital room for you.
• Know your policy provisions regarding transportation and medical
• Make arrangements for transportation prior to discharge if not covered
• Planned discharge time is 11:00 a.m., or if applicable, after your group
Know Your Discharge Options.
Return to Pre-Surgical Information Page.