What You Need to Know Before Surgery
Total Joint Replacement General Strength Exercises for the Holy Cross Hospital Patient
The therapists at Holy Cross have designed an exercise program to prepare your muscles for the tasks of returning you to a functional lifestyle after your surgery is completed. In this video, you will find simple exercises that cover both the hip and knee joints that will prepare you for your surgery: Total Joint Replacement General Strength Exercises Video.
Pre-Surgical Information Video for the Total Joint Replacement Patient
• Call 954-776-3203 to register for the pre-op class. An automated
scheduling message will give you instructions, and a member of
our staff will call you back to confirm your class date.
• Classes are offered Mondays and Thursdays at 1 p.m.
• Have your "Active Caregiver" picked out and attend class with you.
• Download: Questionnaire for Joint Replacement Patients.
• Download: Pre-Op Class Instructions.
• Download: Directions to Joint Replacement Pre-Op Class.
• Pre-registration may be done by phone or in person. One of our staff
members will call you a few days prior to your surgery.
• You will need a picture ID and your insurance card to assist with
• The surgeon will have you get medical clearance from your primary
medical doctor at least 30 days prior to having surgery.
• Pre-surgical screening may be completed by phone by calling
954-267-7547. Otherwise, one of our staff members will call you
a few days before your surgery to get information about your
medications, insurance, living will (if applicable), etc.